Who Can I Talk to About Clonazepam Addiction Treatment?
In the United States, benzodiazepine medications are one of the most widely prescribed groups of medications. Clonazepam is in this group of drugs and is specifically prescribed to control certain types of seizures and for the treatment of panic disorders. The characteristics of benzodiazepine include the following:
- Anxiety relief
- Muscle relaxant
People who consume other drugs or alcohol are at a greater risk of abusing clonazepam and may exhibit the following signs of abuse:
- Seeming to move slower than usual, or has trouble concentrating
- Appearing sleepy
- Having difficulty remembering events or facts
Additional indicators of a person abusing clonazepam in high doses are an increase in irritability and aggression, depression or suicidal thoughts.
Talk about Clonazepam Addiction Treatment
If you are contemplating your recovery from Clonazepam addiction, you may fear that there won’t be a happy ending. There is hope, however. The story of your journey through recovery is going to contain scary parts, unexpected events and twists in the road that may leave you feeling confused and overwhelmed. It makes sense that you speak to someone who has already been there and can do the following:
- Provide information. A referral counselor can provide information about your recovery choices, describe the various therapy options available and answer any questions you might have. He or she can also verify benefits and determine if insurance will cover the cost of your treatment.
- Respond to concerns. It is difficult to gather the courage to proceed with recovery, especially when you are uncertain about what lies ahead. A referral counselor can provide a general roadmap of potential recovery paths and answer questions you have while providing support to handle your concerns.
- Give support not judgment. At a time when you are critically evaluating yourself, the last thing you need is someone else to judge you. A referral counselor understands your struggle and may have experienced a similar challenge with addiction. Counselors can share their insights and provide the confidence you need.
You want to live a constructive life with meaningful relationships. You want to be happy and healthy in your mind, body and spirit.
Get Help for Clonazepam Addiction
Need someone to talk to about addiction? We are available 24 hours a day to listen and provide any information you might need about clonazepam addiction and treatment option. Call our toll-free number and speak with a referral counselor today. We’re here to help.